Thursday, August 7, 2014

#rpgaday Day Seven



Hmm…I’m not entirely sure how to address this one.  Nobilis is very literary, or so I’m told (I found it rather impenetrable, but I love the book design).  Aria: Canticle of the Monomyth is certainly the most pseudo-intellectual.

You know what?  I’m going to go with everything I own that’s set in Glorantha.  The sheer depth of that setting, the detail, the thought that goes into working out the interactions of man and myth is just astonishing.  It’s been more than thirty years since I first encountered Glorantha, and I can still pick up my old stuff and find new meaning and insights after all these years.  It challenges me on levels most RPGs can't without using math.






Plus, I once found a copy of Prince of Sartar shelved in the Anthropology section at Half-Price Books.

So that's two Greg Stafford games in two days.

1 comment:

  1. So, #STAFFORDaDAY?

    I've read many comments lauding Glorantha for its depth, but I've not had the chance to read any myself.

    ReplyDelete