Monday, August 25, 2014

#rpgaday Twenty Five



Favorite RPG No One Else Wants To Play



Unknown Armies.  Just once, I’d like to play a character that really lets me explore obsession and lust for power and rewards me for dancing on the edge of sanity.  Plus, the system just looks terrific.  I own everything for it.  I can’t read Tim Powers because of it.  But no one will play it with me.



This could just as easily be Delta Green, In Nomine, World of Darkness, Witchcraft, Night’s Black Agents, or any game where the PCs are conflicted or outright broken.  It’s almost certainly down to the folks I have to draw from when I recruit players.  Most of the folks I play with seem to enjoy being big damn heroes.

1 comment:

  1. Tim Powers is the salve that makes me feel okay about not playing Unknown Armies.

    Greg Stolze made a semi-cryptic tweet that the adept schools and archetypes are in the next edition are going to be all brand new. That surprises me, but it does make sense. 20ish years can be several lifetimes in the occult underground.

    ReplyDelete