Tuesday, July 26, 2011

When Captain America Throws His Mighty Shield

(No, I haven't seen the movie yet.  Soon, I hope.)

It's been a very long day.  I just began training a new tech to help take some of the load off me at work and I suspect he's going to work out just fine.  However, I'm tired, and rather unfocused and mostly want to go lay down and read the second half of Jim Butcher's Ghost Story before I call it a night (I lucked out and found it for sale yesterday at the grocery store of all places, a day ahead of street date).


So, I'm going to be a little lazy tonight.  Adamant Entertainment (the terrific folks behind ICONS) have a contest going at the moment.  Stat up Captain America in ICONS terms, post it on a forum or blog, and let them know about it.  The winner (to be chosen Friday) receives a Kindle.  As someone who's been published by Adamant, I don't consider myself eligible for the contest, but I couldn't help taking a crack at my favorite Star-Spangled Avenger all the same, if only to promote it.  So c'mon True Believers! Face front, and stat up the Cap!
 
Mike Zeck is my hands-down, bar none, favorite Cap Artist
Captain America
Steve Rogers
Transformed

Prowess  8
Coordination  7
Strength  5
Intellect  4
Awareness  7
Willpower  4

Stamina  9
Determination  2

Specialties
  Martial Arts Master
  Acrobatics
  Military Expert
  Leadership Master
  Weapons Master (Throwing)
  Wrestling Expert
  Art (Drawing)

Powers
  Invulnerability Device 6  - Shield
  Blast 5 (Blasting) - Thrown Shield

Qualities
  Connections : The Avengers, SHIELD
  A Soldier With A Voice That Could Command A God.  And Does.
  Motivation : The American Dream
  "No. You move."
  The Living Legend

Challenges
  Enemy : The Red Skull
  Social : Idealist
  Enemy : Baron Zemo
  Guilt-Ridden Over Bucky

NOTE:  Cap has more determination than he should.  This is due to his experience and the simple fact that he's Captain America.

1 comment:

  1. "NOTE: Cap has more determination than he should. This is due to his experience and the simple fact that he's Captain America."

    For some reason that made me laugh :)

    I don't know the system, but the qualities look like good choices.

    ReplyDelete