Monday, July 18, 2011

So, Today, This Happened

Coming next spring from Adamant Entertainment.  Suffice to say, I'm pretty pumped up about this.  About ten years ago, Gareth posted a few ideas for a game called "Heroes of the New Wave," which was basically Buckaroo Banzai with the serial numbers filed off.  He never developed it to fruition, but that didn't stop me from taking the basic idea, re-skinning Feng Shui (and later Hollow Earth Expedition) to turn out three very memorable convention one-shots.

Of course, the one advantage the Dedicated Amateur GM has over any publisher is unfettered access to all of history and pop-culture media.  As a result, my Neo-Pulp 80s (Gareth's term, not mine), was a far crazier kitchen sink of pop culture wonders than the Banzai-verse.

It occurs to me that my write-ups of those games pre-date my gaming blogs by a few years.  Maybe I ought to dust them off and post 'em here.

No comments:

Post a Comment