Saturday, August 1, 2015

RPGADAY 2015

I know, I haven't updated Mind Games in weeks.  I'll get back on it, I promise.

In the meantime, it August 1, so that means it's time for #RPGADAY. Here's this year's questions:


Let's get started...

1.  Forthcoming Game You're Most Looking Forward To.

Yesterday was a really good day for games I had been looking forward to. I received my Kickstarter backer copies of Feng Shui 2 and Revelations of Mars, as well as picking up a copy of Star Wars: Force and Destiny at the FLGS.  Looking at the news out of GenCon and before, there's not a lot that's got me really excited, because my opportunities to try new stuff are generally pretty limited.  There are a couple of Kickstarter items I'm looking forward to seeing at some point (Exalted 3 and 13th Age Glorantha), but I'm not waiting for them breathlessly. Chaosium announced there will be an ancient Greek version of Pendragon, which sounds really neat, but given their track record, I'll believe it when I'm holding it in my hands.

Probably, the most interesting recent announcement is a new edition of Unknown Armies.  It's one of those games I love entirely in the abstract, because I've never been able to round up a group of people willing to play it.  Early burbles from the playtest indicate they're changing it up quite a bit, but I have a lot of faith in the designers.

Or maybe the new edition of Blue Rose.  Yeah, that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment