Tuesday, August 9, 2016

#RPGADAY Day Nine

Beyond the game, what's involved in an ideal session?

Food and some time to socialize.  My Tuesday crew meets at 6 PM at a pre-determined eatery for food and talk.  My Sunday D&D takes a break mid-game for dinner (sometimes just delivered pizza, but more typically our DM cooks for us and we throw in a few bucks each for ingredients).

When I run games at home, I prefer to time things so we can eat before or after the game. For me, the social element of gaming is super-important, but I don't want the socializing to untrack the game.

I also love to do themed snacks: dim sum when I'm running Feng Shui, that sort of thing. When we had our Dads & Kids 4e game, I bought a case of D&D themed sodas we served at a "Tavern" after the regular game stuff. Good times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment