Monday, June 15, 2015

Favorite Die

It's Monday.  I haven't slept well in days.  I'm exhausted.  You've been forewarned.

My absolute favorite die isn't actually older than you.  It's an opaque green 20-sider with white numbers (probably Chessex). It's just like all the rest in the basket of d20s that Green Ronin give out at their booth at GenCon, but this one was handed to me by Steve Kenson.

It's worth noting that I like this die enough to use it even though it does not conform with my usual superstitions.  Normally, for any game that requires polyhedral dice, I have the following requirements:

Transparent Green with white numbers.
All must be an identical shade of dark green.
All dice of a type must be identical (size, number style, etc.)
These dice reside in a black suede dicebag my younger brother got me for xmas when I was eighteen or nineteen.

Should one get lost or the dice no longer suit me, I replace the entire set.  Thus has it always been.  For the last 33-34 years, anyway.

So, there ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment