Wednesday, December 13, 2017

12 for 12 #s 6 and 7

I slipped up and lost track of what day it was, so I missed getting #6 out on time. So, here's both 6 and 7



#6 Do you follow any particular RPG authors? Which RPG authors have works you admire, and what are their stand-out pieces of work?

So many. Sooo many. Aaron Allston, Greg Stafford, Sandy Peterson, Shane Hensley, Steve Kenson, Steve Perrin, Robin D. Laws, Ken Hite, and so many more. Thanks to the internet, a fair number of them are friends or at least friendly acquaintances, so I don't follow them in the same way I did when I was younger.

As for stand-out works? Sheesh, try finding the stuff that doesn't stand out. It's an easier task.





#7 Is there an RPG genre which you sort of like but gives you severe mental blocks? What do you like about it? What are your mental blocks?

Horror, maybe? I'm definitely not good at it. It's a genre I enjoy in theory more than in practice (like, most horror movies and novels are NOT FOR ME), but I appreciate it at a remove. And that's probably my core problem. Because I don't particularly enjoy being scared, I'm no good at running horror, and anything I try ends up being more of an exercise in Urban Fantasy, where the protagonists actually have a chance against the scary bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment