Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Real Middle Ages

It's been an eventful couple of days.  Lots of work crazy, not enough sleep, and sandwiched in between, my wife and I decided to go back to doing stuff in the SCA, which used to be my other Big Hobby (really, more of a lifestyle in and of itself).

Anyway, as a result, I've been looking at medieval history sites and remembering how to access the armchair historian part of my brain.  Along the way, I found this spiffy video:



Quite often on gaming boards, I'll see people asking for visual references.  How did things look in a particular era?  This little film, based on The Luttrell Psalter, a 14th century book of psalms is an outstanding view of how late medieval country life probably looked.  It's twenty minutes long, but worth every minute, and easily applicable to Pendragon, Faerun, Greyhawk, Harn, or any number of other fantasy worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment