Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Brief (And Sad) Departure

Yesterday, word of Dwayne McDuffie's death hit the internet.  For those unfamiliar with him and his work, he was a comics writer and television writer/producer.  A founder of Milestone Comics, his best known comics creation is probably Static Shock (which went on to become a most excellent TV series).  In animation, he produced and wrote many episodes of "Justice League Unlimited" and created "Ben-10."  In short, the man was responsible for many of my happiest memories and an absolute inspiration for my superhero games.

A few weeks ago, at the end of my OwlCon round, the players commented on how much the game felt like an episode of JLU.  It was flattering, but I know that if it did, that was largely due to the inspiration I got from the magic he shared with the world.

RIP, Mr. McDuffie, and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment