Wednesday, June 11, 2014

When I Procrastinate...

I make playlists.  They give me the illusion of accomplishing something when I really haven't.

In this case, I've got the this project stuck in the back of my head.  A game I'd love to run, but I fear it wouldn't survive contact with the players.  A Forgotten Realms game, using the Gray Box as primary canon, with other early sourcebooks as I see fit, with rules that would be my own hodgepodge of 2e, retroclones, and other stuff that struck me as a good notion.

But I don't know if it would work, even if I got my preparation down.  Because it needs to feel "right," and that's the hard part.  Because I know what that means for me, but I'm not sure anyone else would.  And at some point, with any game creation, you've got to let go and let the players wreck it.

Anyway, here's a little over ninety minutes of music.  I call it "Dungeons and/or Dragons."  I kind of like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment