Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Other Obsession. No, Wait, My Other, Other Obsession

I missed yesterday's update.  A heavy workload followed by a game night running late will do that.

Anyone who reads this can probably tell I'm obsessed with RPGs.  They can also probably surmise that I'm similarly obsessed with superhero comics.

But there's another layer to me.  I'm like an onion.  Or parfait.






Soccer, Football, Calcio, Futbol, The Beautiful Game.  I played it as a kid, I watch it obsessively as an adult.

And a few years ago, I got hooked on Fantasy (European) Football.  Every year, I sign up for my leagues, pore over statistics and transfer (trade) reports, pick my side, and tweak the lineups every week trying to maximize my points.

For the last few years, I've run the leagues over on RPGnet.  It's created an interesting little sub-community of fellow fanatics on both sides of the Pond and points south, east, and west.

I used to joke that Fantasy Sports were D&D for guys who beat up D&D players.  Irony.


No comments:

Post a Comment